essential oils safety
Some things to consider when using essential oils:
- Make sure the oils are pure.
- Keep all oils out of the reach of children.
- Do NOT put oils in your eyes, ears or open wounds.
- Make sure you wash your hands after handling oils – especially before you touch your eyes.
- When in doubt, dilute the oil with a carrier oil.
- Some oils are “hot,” such as Oregano and Cinnamon – take caution when using these and always dilute them.
- Do NOT consume any essential oils internally unless labeled with a Supplement Facts box with dietary supplement use instructions and warnings.
- Discontinue the use of an essential oil or lessen the amount you are using if you experience severe skin, stomach or respiratory irritation or discomfort.
- Do not use oil on a child’s hand as they may transfer to their eyes or mouth.
- Consult your physician before using essential oils if you are pregnant, under a doctor’s care or have other safety questions regarding essential oils.
Remember, these are PURE, strong oils – a little goes a LONG way! Try a drop or two and see how you feel before increasing.