Gingersnaps aren’t a typical Christmas cookie for my family, but these are so delicious I might have to make them a tradition.
¾ cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 large egg
¼ cup dark molasses
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1–3 drops Ginger essential oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Roll cookie balls in:
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add remaining wet ingredients.
- In separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Combine wet, dry, and other ingredients.
- Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Press lightly with a fork for a decorative look (optional)
- Bake for 10–12 minutes.